Beauty | Makeup | Lifestyle

Tuesday 3 February 2015

NEW Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | First Impressions

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

A few weeks ago I found out Benefit would release their new Roller Lash Mascara exclusively via Elle Magazine (March Issue), before it was sold anywhere else. Although I wasn't a big fan of their ever so popular They're Real Mascara (found it way too clumpy for my taste), I was still curious to see how the new one would perform. So as soon as I got back from Berlin, I grabbed a copy of the magazine at the airport. I couldn't wait to give it a try. 
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
My thoughts? I really like the plastic, flexible wand, curved with the intention of curling the lashes without the need to use eyelash curlers. Does it work? Yes, but my lashes are so short and straight, I still like to curl them before applying the mascara anyway. The thing I really like about the wand is that it separates the lashes really well, giving me the option to have them looking really natural (1 coat) or more dramatic (2 coats), without appearing too spidery, which is a look I avoid. More than 2 coats starts looking clumpy in my opinion.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

This is definitely a lengthening mascara but it also adds a bit of volume if you wiggle the wand at the base of the lashes. 

Although Roller Lash is not advertised as waterproof, it surprisingly holds the curl well. Benefit promises 12h of lasting power and I can confirm it does keep my lashes looking 'perky' from application until the time I need to remove it. It's also lightweight, doesn't flake throughout the day and it's fairly easy to remove. 

Any downside? Yes! It smudges under my eyes. But to be fair, any non waterproof mascara I wear does the same. Does it happen to any of you too? If anyone knows a good trick to avoid that, please share, as I'd love to know. :)

Overall, I think this mascara is great. If the formula was waterproof and therefore didn't smudge on me at all, it'd be perfect! It's not one for those looking for a dramatic effect but if you're after long and natural lashes for your day to day activities, this could be the one. 

I'd definitely recommend giving Roller Lash a try. At the moment, you can only get hold of it in the UK via Elle Magazine (March Issue - out since 29th January). It only cost £4 and you get a 3g sample of the mascara with it. It's the perfect way of testing a new product before committing to the full size. 

Have you grabbed a copy of the Elle Magazine? What were your thoughts on the new Roller Lash? X



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Speaking Beauty UK | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig