Beauty | Makeup | Lifestyle

Sunday 22 February 2015

My New Holy Grail Concealer



I'm in my early 30's now and my skin seems to be getting drier under my eyes. With that, comes my constant struggle to find concealers that can give me good coverage while not creasing or looking cakey. Although I really like the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, I think I have finally found my HG concealer. 

Clarins Instant Concealer is creamy and has a pretty good coverage. I'd say it's very similar to the Mac Pro Longwear concealer in terms of opacity, but better as it stays in place all day and also keeps my under eye looking natural and hydrated. Pro Longwear seems to dry in a weird way that separates and emphasizes my fine lines while Clarins doesn't.

Another great thing about this concealer is the packaging. I like that it's in a tube, which makes it really hygienic and also means I can easily control how much product I get out. I thought the size was a bit misleading, as it made me think I'd get a lot more product. But to be fair, 15ml is still a great amount. Most concealers have less than 7ml. And the good news is you only need a tiny amount. So a little does go a long way here and I reckon this should last me a year, if not more.
I got it in the shade Light 01, which is great because it doesn't only conceal but also brightens my under eye area. In days I'm in a rush, I just apply it in places I need some touching up and I'm good to go. No need for foundation. The only downside to this product is that it's not suitable for flash photography, as it does flash back. It doesn't bother me much, though. Now that I know it, I'll just avoid wearing it to occasions I know I'll be taking flash photos.  

At £21 this is not a cheap concealer but I honestly think that it's an amazing option, especially for those who want to combine good coverage and hydration for the under eye area. The over 30's ladies will probably understand what I mean. :) 

What's your HG concealer of the moment? X


Keep In Touch

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Speaking Beauty UK | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig