Beauty | Makeup | Lifestyle

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Top 5 | Autumnal Nails



I love changing my nail polishes according to the season and trying some darker shades this time of the year. These have been my absolute favourite colours of the moment. Some new shades, some old, but they are all I've been wearing recently. :) 
L to R: Barry M Crush, Rimmel Saturn, Barry M Almond, Mac Midnight Tryst & Barry M Mocha

1. Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Crush
This is a beautiful deep red / burgundy polish. The photo below is just one thick coat. I absolutely love the colour and the matte finish. Lasting power is not bad. I can get about 5 days of wear before it starts chipping and looking bad. I get so many compliments on this polish. Love it and will probably wear it for Christmas. 

2. Rimmel Salon Pro in 104 Saturn
This is another gorgeous shade I discovered this year and I think it's perfect for A/W. Again, it lasts at least 5 days if I'm not doing much washing up, etc. What I really love about Rimmel's nail polishes is their wide brush. It makes applying the varnish so much easier. Wish every company would do the same brush. 

3. Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Almond
I saw my friend Alina (from Beauty With Charm) wearing this nail polish at an event we went to and I fell in love with it. Such a classic autumnal nude. I had to pick it up. It's so pretty! 

4. Mac Nail Lacquer in Midnight Tryst (Frost)
This is such a beautiful green-ish gunmetal varnish. It's what I wore last year for Christmas. Another one I always get compliments on. Unfortunately I think this was either from a limited edition or it has been discontinued, as I can no longer find it online. But I had to include it anyway, as it's the perfect shade for the season and I really love it. I found an alternative that looks pretty similar, Rimmel Kate Salon Pro Acid House.

5. Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Mocha
This is the colour I have on my nails right now. It's a lovely matte brown shade. I don't think the photo shows it but I find it has a hint of purple to it in real life, which I really like. It's so pretty. I love that I only need 1 coat to get an opaque finish with these Barry M nail paints. This is another must have for me. 

So these are my Top 5 nails for the season. As you can see, there are a lot of Barry M polishes in this post and that's because they are truly amazing when it comes to nail polishes and I'm really loving their new A/W shades. 

What has been your favourite nail colour(s) recently? X

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Speaking Beauty UK | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig